This recipe is low carb, high protein and tastes great!!! Give it a go next time you fancy a sweet treat!! See bottom of the page for a healthy ‘ice cream’ recipe too!
-1 can chickpeas (400g un drained)
-100g ground almonds
-2 tbsp. coconut oil
-2 tbsp. nut butter (peanut/almond/cashew/hazelnut)
-1 tsp honey or sugar free syrup
-2 squares Lindt 80/85/90% chocolate
1. In a food processor/blender, blend chickpeas to a paste.
2. In a bowl, mix together chickpea paste and ground almonds.
3. Place coconut oil and nut butter in a bowl and microwave for 40 seconds-1 minute (until runny).
4. Add the oil and nut butter mixture into the ground almonds and chickpeas and mix.
5. Chop dark chocolate into desired size for chocolate chips. Mix these into the mixture.
6. Place in the fridge to cool.
7. This can now either be eaten ‘raw’ or made into cookies and baked for 15 minutes at 180°.
Here I have cookie dough, and cookies with protein ‘ice cream’ made by mixing ½ a scoop of protein powder (your choice on the flavour, I used banoffee) with 75g Fage Total Greek yoghurt, then freezing for a couple of hours.