These muffins are so delicious and moist, they definitely feel like a treat but they are super clean!! They are the perfect post workout snack as they contain a secret little ingredient that is super high in protein and low in fat! Don’t be put off…its cottage cheese!! Don’t worry, you cant taste it, it just makes the muffins so gooey and moist! Give them a go!
Ingredients (makes 6 muffins)
- 250g cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 100g oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp honey/sugar free syrup (if you have it)
- 2 squares of dark chocolate (between 80-90% if possible )
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºc.
- Put all of the ingredients (other than dark chocolate) into a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Chop dark chocolate to desired size. Then stir this into the cake mixture.
- I use a silicone cup cake mould, but if you don’t have one of these, line a muffin tin with cases and then pour in the mixture. If using a silicone mould, place it on a baking tray first then pop into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool before removing from the silicone case/muffin tin. Then enjoy!
I topped my muffins with PBfit Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder. You mix it with water and it’s a great, low calorie alternative to peanut butter.
I also made this delicious cake with the same recipe, I just doubled the ingredients and baked for 30 minutes at 180ºc.